Sunday, April 13, 2014

Book Review: Fighting for Irish by Gina L. Maxwell

Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)Fighting for Irish by Gina L. Maxwell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was my first time reading a fighter story so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm not big on the whole MMA fighting thing, so I was prepared not to like those portions of the book. Well let me tell you-I had no reason to be worried. This story packed plenty of action in and out of the ring that keeps you riveted to the page, along with plenty of steamy, sexy scenes that will have you making sure you're reading when your significant other is around.

Ms. Maxwell's storytelling was excellent and everything flowed quite well. The characters were very well developed with strong backstories that you get to discover over the course of the entire book (as opposed to getting an information dump right up front). Aiden (aka "Irish") was my clear favorite with his tough, protective yet still gentle and thoughtful personality-though Xander is a close second and I'd love to read a story centered on him.

It was also nice reading a book where I didn't notice any simple grammar or editing errors for a change.  I've already got the rest of Ms. Maxwell's books on my wish list, and can't wait to read more.

View all my reviews

Purchase link:

No comments:

Post a Comment